Thursday, October 18, 2012

October '12 classroom

photo 8
Our art teacher taught the first graders about primary colors by having them do Piet Mondrian inspired art.


photo 6
Look at these cuties! They loved the listening center I had with ipod nanos. It's the best to look over and see them smile or laugh about the book while they are listening.

photo 9
This looks like a mess. It's only cause so many first grader's AREN'T afraid of bats! Those purple bats were in an art center and they turned out pretty great.

photo 10

photo 1
Our art teacher taught us how to do these Frankensteins using inspiration from Pablo Picasso. They are so quirky and perfect.

photo 3

photo 2
I definitely loved teaching about healthy lifestyles. We made a book and I'm keeping my goal of a class book for each language arts unit.

photo5
Love notes. This one sweet girl makes something for me every night and I see it in her homework folder every morning. It's so adorable.

photo 4
And I'm done. Fall Break + my off-track begins NOW! 3 weeks of kicking back.

4 comments:

s.s. bazodi said...

LOVE the art projects...and the bat
with HUGE teeth!

Katelyn said...

Jane,

Those kids are so lucky to have you! You are the coolest teacher I know! So happy you have a good break! Take it easy! xo-

Maggie said...

Those Frankensteins are bad. I want to cover our basement walls with them.

Kristine said...

i look forward to your classroom posts. i Love seeing what is going on there. those art pieces!!! coolest. picasso frankenstein. brillz!

also. i like off track jane best :) u look purty!