Saturday, August 15, 2009

it's like giving yourself a hug


A few weeks ago Teen came home with a stack of Everyday Foods magazines from Thrift Town. Since then I've been flipping through them multiple times a day. The pictures are eye-catching and I dog tag multiple pages in each one.
I gave these Cottage Cheese Pancakes a try last week, and I've cooked them up a few times since.

I start school on Monday! Can you believe it? (don't tell anybody...but I'm not ready) I'll be a real life teacher. 22 little baby first graders. Can't wait to meet them.

7 comments:

H C M said...

You'll be awesome, darling, loving, and capable as a teacher. The pancakes look good.

Amy Roper said...

Jane-
GOOD LUCK with your class on Monday! I know you will do great! I can't believe you only have 22! I am starting with 28 this year and 19 are boys . . . I'm in for it!

I can't wait to hear about your first day!

Those students are so lucky to have you!

Have a great year! Wish you were students teaching again with me! Can't believe it's been a year already! Seems just like yesterday!

~Amy

mandy said...

You will be a great teacher... i still never heard what school?!
Let us know how your first day goes...

Carrie Fowler said...

I'm sure you'll do fantastic. All those little first graders are going to LOVE you !!! GOOD LUCK !!!

Anonymous said...

wow, I am so jealous that you found a stack of everyday food magazines! Those pancakes sound delish! I have a great bread recipe that calls for cottage cheese. The cheese makes the bread so moist!

Egan Metcalf said...

you have really white teeth. so the kids will love you!

Lindsey said...

I hope your first couple of days went well. I wish I could see your classroom. And I can't wait to hear stories.