Monday, January 26, 2009

Music Monday 16



I loved listening to NPRs "The Year In Music From All Songs Considered." NPR's Bob Boilen, Carrie Brownstein, Stephen Thompson, and Robin Hilton shared their opinions on 2008's music. Most of the featured songs weren't a surprise to me, but I had not heard of the band Blind Pilot till this episode. Then a few weeks later my friend Livi put their song "Go on, Say It" on a mix. Then my friend Greg tells me that Blind Pilot is a must-have. I must say...I agree. I really like the sound of Portland, Oregon's Blind Pilot and their 2008 album '3 Rounds and a Sound.'
Listen to "One Red Thread", "Oviedo", "Story I Heard"

I am wishing I was back home in Seattle, cause then I would be heading to their show tonight.

My ears are happy today.

3 comments:

Jonk said...

I have a couple of MP3s of the Myspace streams for Dark Was the Night: "Brackett, WI" by Bon Iver and "Tightrope" by Yeasayer. Send me an e-mail if you want and I can send them to you.

Krista & Tyler said...

I love that you listen to NPR. They always seem to uncover some little gem :)

Unknown said...

i heart npr. if you need to catch up on the latest haps in the news check out wait, wait...don't tell me. hee-larious.