Monday, January 19, 2009

Music Monday 15



Empire of the Sun has been popping up alot in the music blogs I view. I find their sound to be very MGMT esque. Which I am fond of in this age of electronic music. Not over done, just right. They are a collaboration of Luke Steele from The Sleepy Jackson and Nick Littlemore from Pnau----which didn't help me cause I've never heard of either band before. But after listening to these guys I'm curious to find how their main projects sound and how different they are.

Listen to "Walking on a Dream" (very friendly to the ears) also try "We are the People."

2 comments:

Livi said...

Will have to check out. What interesting cover art.

Jonk said...

Try as I might, I haven't been able to get into these guys. I don't know what it is.

But I didn't realize until just now that it's the dude from The Sleepy Jackson. (Thanks!) They had a song four or five years ago that I liked called "Come to This" -- check it out.