Monday, June 1, 2009

Music Monday 19


Neko Case caught my attention last year when I saw her at the twilight concert series last summer. For Free! I was struck by her down-to-earth vibe. She was such an honest performer. Really blown away. 2009 has rolled around and her latest album Middle Cyclone is making waves. I adore 'I'm and Animal'---her voice is so strong, clear, and passionate. 'This Tornado Loves You' is another off her latest album that makes me drool. I wish I could have seen her at Red Butte Gardens last night.

So I have really obscure phases in my music rotations---so I give you another artist I can't seem to get enough of---The Streets. Mike Skinner (rapper from England) put out Everything is Borrowed last year and it hasn't been till this year that I have taken the time to really listen to it. I love it. 'Everything is Borrowed', 'On The Edge of a Cliff', 'The Escaptist', and 'I Love You More (Than You Like Me)' Clever lyrics that are contagious to sing a long to. I feel Mike Skinner is more of a thoughtful rapper. I listen to his music with a different purpose then when I listen to most of the American rap artists.

my ears are happy.

No comments: