Sunday, May 15, 2011

cut me down

image: absolutely beautiful things

Listening to one of my General Conference favorites today:
"As Many As I Love, I Rebuke and Chasten" Elder Christofferson
I love the story he retold from Hugh B. Brown with the quote,
"Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for loving me enough to cut me down"
read it dudes.

speaking of gardens.
I drove a different direction home from the gym yesterday and drove past a previously abandoned tennis court that was now being built into a garden. Men were hammering away at square foot beds and hauling in soil and seeds. It was such a vision!!!! I almost turned around so that I could go and talk to them and see if it was a community thing. It must have been. But I want to buy a space. It made me really happy.

1 comment:

jane said...

Love this talk too:)

Thanks for inspiring me to listen to it again...