Thursday, October 14, 2010

honey & spice


I've found some great cookbooks from thrift stores and garage sales that I've loved looking through. They are pretty old, and lack pictures, but I am drawn to how natural the recipes are.

I had a pile of overly ripe bananas and as luck would have it I found this bread recipe in my latest cookbook Honey & Spice.

Banana Fantasy Bread
1/2. cup oil
1/2. honey
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 mashed ripe bananas

Cream the oil and honey, Beat in the eggs.
In another bowl mix the flours, baking powder, salt, and soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and alternate with the mashed banana.
Bour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350.

Maggie and I tried it this morning. It was deluxe.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

wow! pretty bread. looks so yum. i'll have to try it as it seems i always have bananas to ripe to eat plain.