Friday, October 19, 2007

New Obsession



I tend to get on these "kicks"...for instance last winter I spent too much time surfing wikipedia. Every chance I got I read up on any band, book, actor, movie, or thing that I could think of on wikipedia. That phased out and of late my new obsession is NPR All Songs Considered. I signed up a year ago to get emails from them and most the time ignore them, but lately I can't get enough. I go to NPR anytime I'm working on my laptop and find a new band to listen to. They have all their NPR concerts recorded and give the best reviews to new, exciting bands. I've been listening to Rilo Kiley the most. They also cover Iron & Wine, Ben Gibbard, Modest Mouse, Interpol, Bright Eyes, etc. etc. etc. I love being able to listen to full tracks when I'm checking out new music instead of the 30 seconds on itunes. Music to my ears.

No comments: