Thursday, July 17, 2008

I see the light...



First School Picture (kindergarten 1990)


I've been going to college since 2003. Every summer/fall semester I've been enrolled and every winter semester I've been out in California or Washington earning some money. I have not once changed my major of Elementary Education, but I took enough random classes to keep me here an extra year. I even traveled to Europe for a month and had the time of my life. I've lived in Barnes Hall, Birchwood II, Brookside Village, and Bristol Manor. I've taken over 140 credits, so even if I wasn't actually graduating they'd be kicking me out of school. I've made so many good friends I can't begin to count. And most importantly, I've experienced single-hood to it's fullest...having some of the best times of my life...mostly all while in Rexburg, Idaho...go figure. I'm gonna really miss this place, a "bubble" that has been a safety net for a short period of my life. Going to a church/private school has enriched my life by strengthening what I believe in and aquainting me with professors and friends that build me up. My last final was taken, my books are returned ($145), cap and gown picked up, parents are driving right now to meet me for graduation I'm seeing the light of what had seemed like a long tunnel. Ahead of me is Salt Lake City, Utah where I will be student teaching in a 1st grade classroom. What's next after that, I don't know. The dark mysterious looming future of my life. Maybe it's just another tunnel, but for the first time I get to decide where that tunnel goes.

12 comments:

jonny said...

amazing picture.
oh, and the blog was good too.
!!!!
kidding!
i like this one a lot. seriously.
congraduations.

Egan Metcalf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Egan Metcalf said...

i love THAT jane!! the only thing that is missing is sticky candy residue around your mouth.

turtle necks, sweats, bowl cuts, teaching you how to dance... finally you've come around! You are beautiful my little janer.
congrats!!

Maggie said...

Ohhhhhhhhh

LOVE this blog. Ugh... I will MISS you... zdoi...

Meredith said...

As one who has learned to appreciate just how little we truly know about where out paths will lead let me give you one tiny word of advice: enjoy the ride.

Stuff's gonna happen that you didn't expect - some beautiful, some painful. All of it makes you better however.. so stick to your guns, don't compromise & have the time of your life every chance you get :)

congrats, grad!

Livi said...

My favorite post yet, Jane!! The world is your oyster girl - GO GET IT. Love you. Congratulations on all your hard work.

Meagan said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you and Kristine. Wish I was there in cap and gown with you :-( Love you

Momma Strain said...

no way! you are coming to utah!?! awesome!!! when are you coming down? we will definitely have to get together. maricela comes back the beg of august and i'm hoping to get together w/ her and stacy soon! we should all do lunch when you get here!

what school are you teaching at? my sis inlaw teaches elementary, i think 1st grade too.

H C M said...

A great record --though brief -- of your education. Was it worth it? we, your parents, can certainly see the growth that has come. Your mind has been expanded by teachers and friends and readings. Your capabilities enhanced and improved. Congrats!

Annica said...

Congrats Jane!!! :)

mandy said...

whoa. loved the post Jane. Almost made me cry-- i think i'm super emotional right now.. but, that is sweet girl. Congrats on graduating. You'll love the rest of your life, just because that's you.

holli h. said...

BEST. KINDERGARTEN. PIC. EVER.


happy graduation. will miss you deeply. :)